Drooz has prevailed on appeal on numerous occasions, including:
• Star Editorial v. Dangerfield, 7 F.3d 856 (9th Cir. 1993) (Public figure libel plaintiff overcomes shield law defense to obtain allegedly “confidential” sources in defamation action.)
• Gordy v. New York Daily News, 95 F.3d 829 (1996) (Public figure defamation plaintiff prevails in personal jurisdiction challenge by New York-based daily.)
• Styne v. Stevens, 78 Cal.App.4th 17 (2000) (Talent agent prevails in Talent Agencies Act battle with celebrity client.)
• Benasra v. Marciano, 92 Cal.App.4th 987 (2001) (Libel plaintiff successfully argues that he is not bound by arbitration provision in licensing agreement.)
• Steam Press Holdings, Inc. v. Hawaii Teamsters and Allied Workers Union. Local 996., 302 F.3d 998 (9th Cir. 2002) (Union defendant overturns multimillion dollar slander verdict by demonstrating lack of actual malice in statements concerning employer.)
• Meyers v. Tempesta, D060825, Fourth Appellate District (Div. 1) (2013) (Public figure plaintiff prevails on appeal on issues of defamatory meaning and privilege.)
• Alexander Haagen III v. Saks & Company (9th Cir., 2005) D.C. No. CV-00-13251-JFW (Real property owner plaintiff reverses grant of summary judgment in a contract dispute with Saks Fifth Avenue.)
• Krown Towers v. David LaChapelle Studio, Inc., No. B217526 Second Appellate Dist. (Div. 5) (2010) (Court reverses trial court’s denial of filmmaker’s anti-SLAPP motion, finding that plaintiff’s business suit interferes with free speech.)
• Stephen A. Wynn v. Joseph Raymond Francis, No. B245401, Second Appellate District (cert denied, Sept. 10, 2014) (Public figure plaintiff prevails on issues of privilege and actual malice in a defamation litigation.)
• Anschutz Entertainment Group v. Snepp, KNBC, et al, No. B206789, Second Appellate District (Div. 5) (June 17, 2009) (Corporate plaintiff prevails on all dispositive issues raised in anti-SLAPP motion in slander action arising from KNBC news broadcast.
Drooz has served as a certified mediator for California Court of Appeals since 2011.